At FAIN we know that making the decision to install an elevator in a neighborhood community is not a step to be taken lightly. Many variables come into play, one of the most controversial is to obtain the necessary majority of owners who agree to the installation of lifts in the community. In addition, we must take into account other issues, such as legal aspects, the work, etc.
Here we show you what the process of installing an elevator in a neighborhood community is like from the beginning to the end. Don’t miss out!
What should we consider before installing an elevator?
Installing an elevator is a decision that must be made together and also leads to legal aspects related to the installation of an elevator: What permits do I need to start the work? What if my neighbors disagree? How are the installation costs distributed in this case? For all these questions -and some more- we have thought of you and we have made this video. In it, our head of legal advice, Ana García-Zarco, answers some of the most questions frequent.
One of the most important steps when considering how to install an elevator, consists of the possible search for subsidies. In other words, it is convenient to discover if there are subsidies in our Autonomous Community. As aid varies depending on the Community and the Town Halls, it is best to consult the area sales person, who knows first hand hand if there are subsidies available at all times. The commercial technician comes without obligation to visit the building together with one of our architects to study the different options for the building and with the solution most appropriate, make the budget either for the turnkey elevator with complete management (licences, civil works, etc.) or only for the elevator installation item.
Regarding where to install the elevator or the steps to follow to install a elevator in a community of owners, it is necessary to check the space available for it, since the elevator can be installed inside the building itself or outside. Whatever your circumstance, and although it always depends on municipal ordinances and the possibilities of the building itself, don’t worry, we always find the solution that best suits each community.
Although it is a long and laborious process, elevator installations in buildings provide greater safety and accessibility for all the neighbors and increases the value of the building and therefore of their homes. If you or your neighbors want to know everything that the process entails, do not miss this article.
If you need a guide to guide you or arguments to finish convincing your neighbors, here You have it.
How to install an elevator step by step?
- It all starts with a call to the installation company to request a quote. If you are interested in starting the process, you can contact us at 900 835 115.
- After that call, you make an appointment in your community with the business manager and the architect. The feasibility of the project is checked and the possibilities available to you, and the budget that each of them entails is prepared.
- Key moment! It is time to present the project to the rest of the neighbors and make a financing proposal.
- With the signing of the contract installation, the work begins to be a reality.
- The time has come to apply for a building permit. The architect will be in charge of monitoring it and responding in a timely manner to the requirements that may arise from the municipal technician.
- You may consider request any grant as long as the submission period is open. Our team will inform you about it and will facilitate its management.
- Finally the expected obtainment of the building permit. Depending on the locality or district in which you are located, the time to obtain a license can vary from several months to more than a year.
- Now the architect, the safety coordinator and the assigned site manager plan the work in a technical meeting The construction processes are defined – taking the necessary safety measures for both workers and neighbors – and critical processes are identified with the relevant specific protection measures.
- It’s time to meet with the neighbors in what we at FAIN call kick-off meeting. In this meeting, led by the assigned Site Manager, we present the work plan, and explain the entire process and details of the installation. In addition, this meeting is used to choose both the elevator finishes and the materials to be used.
How long does it take to install an elevator?
It is less to enjoy the comforts of an elevator in your building! But are you curious about how long it takes to install an elevator or what the team of professionals in your community will be doing? We know that it is not the same to install small elevators for communities than to carry out the assembly of large elevators. However, there is a middle term that we can tell you about. Keep reading!
- The team meets for the set out meeting of the work, and then they make the pit.
- Bypass hidden installations if necessary. For example, sanitation pipes, gas pipes, electrical installations may appear. It must be borne in mind that as they are old buildings, there are usually no plans for facilities and until the pit is opened, we cannot be sure of what may appear.
- They place the elevator structure.
- At this moment, the final measurements of the structure are checked and the elevator is ordered from factory. In this way, we guarantee that the size of the cabin is the maximum possible according to the space available.
- If the typology of the building requires it, they reconstruct the stairs of the building.
- It is time to cover the elevator shaft and close the areas of operation and install the new lighting.
- If necessary, the false ceiling is installed and they are also in charge of placing the flooring and tiling.
- The assembly manager is in charge of checking the hooks and fixing the guides.
- Then, we proceed to the programming of the unloading of the elevator material .
- There’s less to go! The assembly of both the electrical part and the mechanical part of the elevator arrives. In addition, they must close the front of the elevator shaft.
- Do the relevant painting work
- Maintenance and telephony contracts are drawn up and signed.
- A few final tests of programming the cabin phone…
- We take care of legalizing all the equipment in the General Directorate of Industry.
- Elevator start up!
- While you already enjoy the First trips, we deliver the project to the representatives of the works commission and sign the receipt certificate. The architect prepares the final work certificate and delivers it to you.
- After all the process, all that remains is to have a welcome cocktail together at the elevator to inaugurate it with neighbors and friends as it deserves.
How to start a project for the installation of elevators in buildings?
At FAIN we are specialists in accompanying the neighbors who want to promote the installation of an elevator on their farms as long as it is viable. We have a team of lawyers who advise to answer all questions. And of course our team of experts analyzes the characteristics of the building to offer the best solution in each case.
If your neighbors are environmentally conscious and want to reduce the cost of electricity, you should know that today there are many alternatives that are much more ecological and efficient of what have been the elevators of a lifetime. Proof of this are the ION Green, which uses the energy generated by the elevator itself to supply itself in its movement, or the ION Solar that in addition to have the advantages of ION Green, it works with renewable energy thanks to its photovoltaic panels.
Yes If you need advice, our commercial manager can make a free visit and assess the installation of the elevator in your community of neighbors. Contact us at the phone number 914093101 or by email and we will advise you without obligation!